MY MISSION: To help photographers develop a solid understanding of the “Hows and Whys” behind making consistently great photographs. – – Joe Edelman
I am an award-winning advertising and editorial photographer, author, educator and YES – that crazy PHOTO Joe Edelman on YouTube!
I take great pride in sharing my experience via my popular YouTube Channel: Photo Joe Edelman – recognized by YouTube as one of the fastest rising channels of 2016.
My work is featured frequently on well-known photography blogs including Fstoppers, DIYPhotography, PetaPixel, Lifehacker, ISO1200, Shutterbug and LensVid, among others.
I have earned a reputation as a lively and popular instructor and lecturer at camera clubs, photography conferences and photography workshops across the United States. I have also served as an adjunct professor teaching Creativity and Photography at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and Northampton County Community College in Monroe, PA.
My work has been published internationally in magazines like Maxim, Cosmopolitan, Get Fit, Shape and Good Light Magazine to name but a few. I have been called upon to complete assignments for both the New York Times and The Los Angeles Times and I have serviced commercial advertising clients from all over the United States.
My career has spanned four decades, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my work today photographing all types of people and serving as a photo educator who motivates and educates new and experienced photographers all over the world.
I have received both state and national awards for fashion photography as well as photojournalism in the categories of News, Feature and Sports photography.
My primary target – people! I am best known for my photographs of beautiful women. Check out my portfolio here.
I am honored to be an
Interfit Creative Pro
Interfit Photographic develops innovative, high quality, solution-based lighting products and accessories that deliver both uncompromising performance and value. Interfit products meet the needs, and budgets, of both professional and amateur photographers alike and enable photographers of all skill levels to expand their creativity at an affordable price.
I am honored to be a member of the Tether Tools Pro Team
Tether Tools designs and manufactures tools that expand the possibilities of photographers, videographers, and creatives in all fields. Tether Tools products help photographers collaborate with their team in-studio or on location. Tether Tools gear is used by creatives across the globe as an essential piece of their workflow and safety on set.
I am honored to be a Photoflex Light Leader
Photoflex is a leader in the photographic lighting industry, providing essential lighting tools for all photographic and video lighting needs. Photoflex has created all types of modifiers for still photography and video production for over 30 years. Photoflex is dedicated to offering great customer service and superior knowledge of photographic lighting techniques.
I am honored to be a featured by Savage Universal.
Savage Universal is a worldwide leader in backgrounds and photographic products. Savage Widetone Seamless Background Paper has been the professional photographer’s top choice for backgrounds for over 60 years. Family-run from the start, Savage Universal has a commitment to quality and innovation that has defined who they were in the beginning and still defines who they are today.
In addition to my role as photographer, I have been nationally recognized as an innovator in shaping models’ portfolios and careers. Simply put, I advise serious models (both new and experienced) about how to market themselves. I am the author of the popular modeling advice website ModelingTip.com which contains loads of information and guidance for new and experienced models and well as the most comprehensive modeling agency directory online.
I am often used as a source for television stories as well as newspaper and magazine articles on the subject. The Author JE Bright references my writings in his book America’s Next Top Model: Fierce Guide to Life: The Ultimate Source of Beauty, Fashion, and Model Behavior. My work has also been referenced by author Rif K. Haffar in his book Roadmap to Stardom: How to Break into Acting in Hollywood
Along with my incredible wife and two dogs, I am based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Just a few of the articles written about my videos and work on YouTube
- One Portrait Background to Rule Them All – FStoppers.com
- Why Gray is the Best Backdrop Color for Simple Portrait Studios – PetaPixel.com
- If You Can Only Get One Backdrop for Your Studio, Grey is What You Want and Here’s Why – DIYPhotography.net
- Fill the Frame With Your Subject For Better Portraits – LifeHacker.com
- Build Your Own Set of LED Studio Lights Using Off-The-Shelf Gear For Under $250 – DIYPhotography.net
- How to Build Your Own Set of LED Studio Lights for Just $250 – PetaPixel.com
- Build Your Own Set of LED Strip Lights for Less Than $300 – FStoppers.com
- Build Your Own Pro Photo Lighting Setup with LED Shop Lights – LifeHacker.com
- One Flash is All You Need to Make Amazing Portraits – DIYPhotography.net
- How to Shoot Awesome Portraits and Headshots with Just One Flash – PetaPixel.com
- Using an Egg to Understand Portrait Photography Lighting – PictureCorrect.com
- One Light Portrait Lighting for AWESOME Portraits & Headshots – ISO1200.com
- Affordable Studio Lighting: Create Your Own Set of Lightweight, Efficient LED Lights for Less Than $300 – Imaging-Resource.com
- Waarom Een Grijze Achtergrond de Beste Is – Cameracheck.be
- How to Shoot Great Portraits and Headshots With Just One Light – LifeHacker.com
- Quick Tip: How to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – PetaPixel.com
- Quick and Easy Way to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop – FStoppers.com
- How to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – RageFinderOnline.com
- Quickly Fix Shiny Skin in Your Photos Using Photoshop or Lightroom – LifeHacker.com
- Quickly and Easily Retouch Shiny Skin in Photoshop & Lightroom – DIYPhotography.net
- Say Goodbye to That Shine: How to Fix Oily and Overexposed Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – Imaging-Resource.com
- How to Quickly Fix the Appearance of Oily Skin in Photoshop – Yahoo.com
- How to Quickly Fix the Appearance of Oily Skin in Photoshop – DigitalTrends.com
- Watch This Video Tutorial & Learn How to Easily Eliminate Shiny Skin Using Photoshop & Lightroom – Shutterbug.com
- Which Light Modifier Work Best? – LensVid.com
- How to Find the Good Side of a Persons Face for a Portrait? – ISO1200.com
- How to Find a Person’s “Good Side” and Why You Probably Got Yours Wrong – DIYPhotography.net
- This Portrait Retouching Tutorial Teaches You How To Get Rid Of Pesky Shiny Skin! – Planet5D.com
- Quick Tip: How to Find a Person’s ‘Good Side’ for Portraits – PetaPixel.com
YouTube NextUp 2016
- YouTube NextUp Class of 2016
- 34 Up-and-Coming YouTube Stars You Should be Watching Right Now – BusinessInsider.com
- YouTube NextUp Program Announces 2016 Winners – VideoInk.com
- YouTube’s NextUp Program Announces 2016 Winners – DailyDot.com
- Introducing the NextUp Summer Class of 2016 at YouTube Space NY and LA – YouTube-Creators.GoogleBlog.com