Do I need to sign with more than one agency?
You can find a comprehensive list of modeling agencies in the United States on this web site.
In today’s market if you are not in New York and being considered for an exclusive contract with Victoria’s Secret or Calvin Klein – you SHOULD sign with as many agencies as you can.
Remember, you work where you live. Generally clients will not pay to fly you from location to location because chances are clients can find another model near the shoot location that looks just like you.
There is no one single modeling agency that has every job out there. Certainly for larger jobs – many agencies will often be submitting people – however every modeling agency has their own group of clients who will always call them first for jobs. Don’t miss out on those opportunities.
In most states, modeling agencies are required to be licensed and bonded. You should inquire if the agency you are considering has met these legal requirements.
Be careful of modeling scams — always do your research.
Recommended Reading about Modeling Agencies
- How do I find a modeling agency?
- How to contact modeling agencies
- How to make a great first impression with a modeling agency
- 10 Mistakes NOT To Make When Contacting A Modeling Agency
- Never pay a modeling agency
- I’ve been signed by an agency – Now what?
- What is an Open Call?
- What is a Cold Reading?
- Tips to insure you nail your next Cold Reading
- My Booking Agent is an idiot
- Are there any good internet based modeling agencies