How do I find a Modeling Agency? Do I need to sign with more than one agency?
You can find a comprehensive list of modeling agencies in the United States on this web site.
In today’s market if you are not in New York and being considered for an exclusive contract with Victoria’s Secret or Calvin Klein – you SHOULD sign with as many agencies as you can.
Remember, you work where you live. Generally clients will not pay to fly you from location to location because chances are clients can find another model near the shoot location that looks just like you.
There is no one single modeling agency that has every job out there. Certainly for larger jobs – many agencies will often be submitting people – however every modeling agency has their own group of clients who will always call them first for jobs. Don’t miss out on those opportunities.
In most states, modeling agencies are required to be licensed and bonded. You should inquire if the agency you are considering has met these legal requirements.
Be careful of modeling scams — always do your research.
Recommended Reading about The Modeling Agencies
- Modeling Agency Directory – The most comprehensive listing of modeling agencies on the web.
- How to contact modeling agencies
- How to make a great first impression with a modeling agency
- 10 Mistakes NOT to make when you are presenting yourself to a modeling agency
- Never pay a modeling agency
- I’ve been signed by an agency – Now what?
- What is an Open Call?
- What is a Cold Reading?
- Tips to insure you nail your next Cold Reading
- My Booking Agent is an idiot
- Are there any good internet based modeling agencies
- . . . More about The Business of Modeling
If you still have questions and need some expert advice you can schedule a one-hour phone or Skype consultation to speak with Joe one-on-one about YOUR modeling career.
Remember... if you are serious about modeling you are considering starting a business. The "business" - is the business of marketing yourself for use in advertising. You are going to invest TIME and MONEY to make this happen. With any business, if you want to be successful be sure to do your research first.
Click Here for more details.
All Material authored and © Copyrighted Joe Edelman. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to read Copyright and Legal Use Information.
This website is monitored by Copyscape. Plagiarism and copyright theft will be detected.