Interactive Online Photography Presentation
A portrait photographers gear is much more than just a camera and a lens. Being a properly equipped portrait photographer is also about having the right kind of lighting and backgrounds and grip gear to be able to create the images that you imagine..
In this online presentation, I will cover the most important gear for portrait photography, from cameras to lenses to tripods and reflectors. We will also look at your lighting options from LED to flash to studio strobes.
I will break down gear lists for shooting in natural light or studio settings and even how to set up a studio style portrait on location.
You don’t need to break the bank to shoot great portraits however, there are certain pieces of gear that will make your job much easier and help take your images to the next level.
What we will cover:
- Camera and lens choices for portraits
- Tripods and Tethering
- LED’S, Speedlights and Studio Strobes
- The importance of GRIP gear
- Backgrounds – How to maximize your money
- . . .and much more!
Who should attend this LIVE presentation?
This presentation is suited for photographers of all levels. For beginners it will give you a solid understanding of how to select the right gear, lights and backgrounds and for intermediate and advanced photographers it will challenge what you think you know and give you some insight into the not-so-common gear that makes a difference in the way you shoot.
How can I help you?There will be a live Q&A session after the presentation.
Come prepared with questions.
Check out my calendar of upcoming
Online Presentations & Speaking Events
Olympus Visionary Photographer and Photo Educator
MY MISSION is to help photographers develop a solid understanding of the 'Hows and Whys'
behind making consistently great photographs.
As an award winning photographer with over 4 decades of experience, I have professional experience in nearly every genre of photography, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my position today as an internationally recognized photo educator and Olympus Visionary photographer. I love to share my experience to help new photographers fast track the learning curve to success with their cameras.
Online Photography Presentation FAQ’s
- Registering – After you register for live online presentation (webinar), you will receive a confirmation email that will include information about how to access the online classroom, including a unique link for you to use. Each link will only allow 1 person to enter the class – so don’t share it.
- Do I need special software? – Just a web browser! I use an online digital learning platform to present this interactive presentation. The classroom works best in a Chrome Browser but as an attendee, you should be just fine with Safari, Firefox and even Microsoft Edge.
- How is the presentation structured? – The presentation will begin promptly at the scheduled time. This is a LIVE presentation on the topic, followed by a LIVE Q&A. During the presentation, you are welcome to type questions in the live chat and I will do my best to answer them, but if not, feel free to ask them during the Q&A session at the end.
- “You Are Being Recorded” – Presentations that require a fee to attend will be recorded. Your comments and questions will be a part of the recording. The video will be available for replay about approximately 2 hours after the class for all paid attendees. Paid attendees will receive an email with a link. The video replay will be available for 48 hours only.
- Can't attend but want the knowledge? – No problem. Sign up for the class and you will receive the replay link approximately TWO hours after the completion of the class. The replay will be available for 48 hours.
- Presentations can NOT be downloaded or shared. These presentations are copyrighted by Joe Edelman / Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics. I appreciate your support, and it’s thanks to that support that I am able to continue producing content! If you would like to make the presentation available to a camera club or photography organization, Click Here.
- For full terms and conditions - Click Here