Interactive Online Photography Presentation
If you are good with a camera, you have probably been asked to shoot a portrait for a friend, relative or colleague. That also means that you have probably realized that shooting portraits is not just a matter of aiming your camera at someone and saying cheese!
Portrait photography is a valuable skill for every photographer to master and in this TWO HOUR presentation, Joe will take you through the entire process.
This presentation will begin with a discussion about what makes a great portrait and the prep that you should be doing before you even pick up the camera. Joe will do a virtual studio demo to show you how to create great lighting for your portraits with a minimal amount of equipment.
This is not your parent’s portrait class! Using his KISS IT (Keep It Super Simple) techniques, Joe will show how to create flattering portraits with simple lighting and posing techniques. He will cover everything from camera and lens selection, depth of field, camera angles, composition, posing, lighting, backgrounds, and more!
What you will learn:
- How to prep and communicate with your subjects.
- Lens selection.
- Lighting selection and set-ups — both the WHYS and HOWS.
- Background selection.
- Posing and directing for relaxed natural looks.
- Cropping and Composition.
- … and much more!
Who should attend this LIVE presentation?
Photographers of all skill levels who are interested in creating portraits with speedlights or studio strobes. This presentation is an excellent primer for beginners and a great refresher for more experienced shooters.
How can I help you?There will be a live Q&A session after the presentation.
Come prepared with questions.
Check out my calendar of upcoming
Online Presentations & Speaking Events
Olympus Visionary Photographer and Photo Educator
MY MISSION is to help photographers develop a solid understanding of the 'Hows and Whys'
behind making consistently great photographs.
As an award winning photographer with over 4 decades of experience, I have professional experience in nearly every genre of photography, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my position today as an internationally recognized photo educator and Olympus Visionary photographer. I love to share my experience to help new photographers fast track the learning curve to success with their cameras.
Online Photography Presentation FAQ’s
- Registering – After you register for live online presentation (webinar), you will receive a confirmation email that will include information about how to access the online classroom, including a unique link for you to use. Each link will only allow 1 person to enter the class – so don’t share it.
- Do I need special software? – Just a web browser! I use an online digital learning platform to present this interactive presentation. The classroom works best in a Chrome Browser but as an attendee, you should be just fine with Safari, Firefox and even Microsoft Edge.
- How is the presentation structured? – The presentation will begin promptly at the scheduled time. This is a LIVE presentation on the topic, followed by a LIVE Q&A. During the presentation, you are welcome to type questions in the live chat and I will do my best to answer them, but if not, feel free to ask them during the Q&A session at the end.
- “You Are Being Recorded” – Presentations that require a fee to attend will be recorded. Your comments and questions will be a part of the recording. The video will be available for replay about approximately 2 hours after the class for all paid attendees. Paid attendees will receive an email with a link. The video replay will be available for 48 hours only.
- Can't attend but want the knowledge? – No problem. Sign up for the class and you will receive the replay link approximately TWO hours after the completion of the class. The replay will be available for 48 hours.
- Presentations can NOT be downloaded or shared. These presentations are copyrighted by Joe Edelman / Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics. I appreciate your support, and it’s thanks to that support that I am able to continue producing content! If you would like to make the presentation available to a camera club or photography organization, Click Here.
- For full terms and conditions - Click Here