Interactive Online Photography Presentation
The Rule of Thirds is the most overused and abused composition in photography. Composition is the art of how things fit together in your photograph and no two photos are alike – so stop applying rules.
The great American photographer Edward Weston taught “Composition is the strongest way of seeing.” I couldn’t agree more. Following “rules of composition” leads to predictable results. Rules are creativity killers.
In this FREE online presentation, I will walk you through my concept of practical composition that is guided by the relationships of the objects on your photograph and the story you wish to tell and the mood you want to convey.
What we will cover:
- How to think about Style and Content first
- How to direct the viewer with your composition
- The 3 most important things to consider in every photograph
- My top 8 Practical Composition Tips
- . . .and much more!
Who should attend this LIVE presentation?
This presentation is suited for photographers of all levels. It presents a very different look at composition that is based on nearly 5 decades of experience with a camera and a solid foundation of cognitive psychology.
How can I help you?There will be a live Q&A session after the presentation.
Come prepared with questions.
Check out my calendar of upcoming
Online Presentations & Speaking Events
Olympus Visionary Photographer and Photo Educator
MY MISSION is to help photographers develop a solid understanding of the 'Hows and Whys'
behind making consistently great photographs.
As an award winning photographer with over 4 decades of experience, I have professional experience in nearly every genre of photography, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my position today as an internationally recognized photo educator and Olympus Visionary photographer. I love to share my experience to help new photographers fast track the learning curve to success with their cameras.
Online Photography Presentation FAQ’s
- Registering – After you register for live online presentation (webinar), you will receive a confirmation email that will include information about how to access the online classroom, including a unique link for you to use. Each link will only allow 1 person to enter the class – so don’t share it.
- Do I need special software? – Just a web browser! I use an online digital learning platform to present this interactive presentation. The classroom works best in a Chrome Browser but as an attendee, you should be just fine with Safari, Firefox and even Microsoft Edge.
- How is the presentation structured? – The presentation will begin promptly at the scheduled time. This is a LIVE presentation on the topic, followed by a LIVE Q&A. During the presentation, you are welcome to type questions in the live chat and I will do my best to answer them, but if not, feel free to ask them during the Q&A session at the end.
- “You Are Being Recorded” – Presentations that require a fee to attend will be recorded. Your comments and questions will be a part of the recording. The video will be available for replay about approximately 2 hours after the class for all paid attendees. Paid attendees will receive an email with a link. The video replay will be available for 48 hours only.
- Can't attend but want the knowledge? – No problem. Sign up for the class and you will receive the replay link approximately TWO hours after the completion of the class. The replay will be available for 48 hours.
- Presentations can NOT be downloaded or shared. These presentations are copyrighted by Joe Edelman / Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics. I appreciate your support, and it’s thanks to that support that I am able to continue producing content! If you would like to make the presentation available to a camera club or photography organization, Click Here.
- For full terms and conditions - Click Here