Interactive Online Photography Presentation
How To Get The Most Out Of Your RAW Digital FilesRAW files, just like film, are intended to be “developed.”
Digital cameras were engineered with RAW files as their primary file type because RAW digital files capture much more detail than a jpeg.
This is an interactive live web presentation where I will walk you through my RAW processing techniques and the importance of creating your own system / workflow to achieve consistent results with your photographs. The demo will be done with Adobe Camera Raw which also has the same controls as Adobe Lightroom.
The details and suggestions of this presentation also apply to the basic processing capabilities of software like Capture One, Luminar, DXO, Affinity Photo and darktable.
What you will learn:
- The real reasons for shooting in RAW.
- In-depth understanding of the Camera RAW controls.
- Why you shouldn’t rely on AUTO – but should still try it anyway.
- The importance of having a “system” to establish a consistent workflow.
- Sharpening – making your images look their best for the web.
- … and much more!
Who should attend this LIVE presentation?
If you want to make your images look their best, then this presentation is for you. If you struggle with knowing which sliders and settings to use when processing your photos, your work will greatly benefit from the simple system I will teach you in this presentation.
How can I help you?There will be a live Q&A session after the presentation.
Come prepared with questions.
Check out my calendar of upcoming
Online Presentations & Speaking Events
Olympus Visionary Photographer and Photo Educator
MY MISSION is to help photographers develop a solid understanding of the 'Hows and Whys'
behind making consistently great photographs.
As an award winning photographer with over 4 decades of experience, I have professional experience in nearly every genre of photography, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my position today as an internationally recognized photo educator and Olympus Visionary photographer. I love to share my experience to help new photographers fast track the learning curve to success with their cameras.
Online Photography Presentation FAQ’s
- Registering – After you register for live online presentation (webinar), you will receive a confirmation email that will include information about how to access the online classroom, including a unique link for you to use. Each link will only allow 1 person to enter the class – so don’t share it.
- Do I need special software? – Presentations are hosted and presented via ZOOM. Download all of the ZOOM Apps or Browser Extensions here: https://zoom.us/download.
- How is the presentation structured? – The presentation will begin promptly at the scheduled time. This is a LIVE presentation on the topic, followed by a LIVE Q&A. During the presentation, you are welcome to type questions in the live chat and I will do my best to answer them, but if not, feel free to ask them during the Q&A session at the end.
- “You Are Being Recorded” – Presentations that require a fee to attend will be recorded. Your comments and questions will be a part of the recording. The video will be available for replay about approximately 2 hours after the class for all paid attendees. Paid attendees will receive an email with a link. The video replay will be available for 48 hours only.
- Can't attend but want the knowledge? – No problem. Sign up for the class and you will receive the replay link approximately TWO hours after the completion of the class. The replay will be available for 48 hours.
- Presentations can NOT be downloaded or shared. These presentations are copyrighted by Joe Edelman / Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics. I appreciate your support, and it’s thanks to that support that I am able to continue producing content! If you would like to make the presentation available to a camera club or photography organization, Click Here.
- For full terms and conditions - Click Here