Joe Edelman’s Photography Workshops and Photography Intensives are operated by Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms” or “Agreement”) apply to all Workshop registrations. Failure to comply with these terms will result in your registration being declined.
By registering for a workshop you are entering into this agreement and agree to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joe.
- When registering for a workshop through this website, you agree that you are purchasing directly from Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS and not any 3rd parties or partners that Joe Edelman works with. Any and all inquiries regarding your registration must be made directly to Joe Edelman.
- Purchasing a ticket to a workshop does not include travel or accommodations. The purchaser understands that they are responsible for their own transportation to the workshop.
- Attendees must arrive on time (No earlier than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start) and attend each day in full. If you are unable to attend you must notify us immediately. You are not entitled to a refund if, because of your lateness, you miss all or a portion of the workshop.
- If behavior or conduct is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate, you will be asked to leave the workshop. No refund of fees will be made.
- Joe Edelman is entitled to change the venue or make changes to the structure of the workshop. In the unlikely event that changes are made there will be notice made to all attendees as soon as possible.
Fees & Cancellations/Refunds
- Workshop fees must be paid in full at the time of registration, or unless otherwise noted.
- If a workshop has an option for multiple payments or deposit, attendees must satisfy payments prior to 30 days before the workshop commences, unless otherwise noted. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your seat and a cancellation fee.
If you are unable to attend a workshop I do offer refunds with the following stipulations. Requests to cancel…
- Within 30 days of registration: Full refund (unless the workshop is starting in 30 or less days).
- After the 30 day refund period: Partial refund minus a $300 cancellation fee.
- Within 30 days of the workshop start: Credit towards future workshop minus a $300 cancellation fee.
Your refund request may be subject to PayPal or Bank transactions fees that were originally charged at the time of the transaction.
Reselling a ticket
For attendees that cannot make the workshop, you may resell your ticket, however it must be made known to Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS that you will not be attending, and that you intend to resell your ticket. I must be alerted of the parties so that I can ensure they will gain proper entry to the workshop. Failure to do so may result in being denied entry.
Transferring to another workshop
You may request transfer to another workshop within 30 days of your initial registration, otherwise the above refund policy will remain in effect and you will be subject to the same stipulations.
Joe Edelman reserves the right to cancel a workshop due to unforeseen circumstances, illness or other, but provide a reasonable amount of time in advance to make alternate arrangements for attendees. In the unlikely event that I cancel a workshop, Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS will notify you as soon as possible and any fees or deposits received from you will be refunded in full. Please note that Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics will not refund travel or accommodation costs for cancelled courses. **I would strongly advise taking out travel insurance for airfare, and booking a hotel with a free cancellation policy **This is not something I’ve had to do in the past, and certainly don’t plan to do in the future if it can be avoided in any way!
Image Usage & Privacy
- Attendees are not permitted to use images taken at the workshop for commercial purposes. Image usage is strictly portfolio use only (website and online). Social media usage is allowed but only to showcase your portfolio. Images must not be submitted to magazines, exhibitions or competitions without permission. Images must not be used to advertise photo shoots, workshops or products that you are selling.
- You acknowledge that we have advised you that none of the participants in the workshop have given releases allowing commercial use of any images taken at the workshop and that you may be subject to legal liability if you use any images commercially. You agree to indemnify and defend Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS, its members, officers and employees and all other participants in the workshop from any claims, losses, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees and disbursements) arising out of or relating to any claim that you have used an image taken at the workshop in any manner that is not permitted in this Agreement.
- If you are unsure about what is a permitted usage, please contact Joe for confirmation; provided that, you shall not be relieved of any obligations under paragraph 2, above.
- Attendees must not film, video or record the workshop at any time without permission.
Joe Edelman PhotoGraphics is not responsible for any personal injury or damage to property arising from incidents occurring at the workshop venue.
Please be aware of where you keep your belongings at the workshop and please remember to check your equipment at the end of the workshop so you do not leave anything behind. We are not responsible for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
The Contract contains all the terms agreed between you and Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS and supersedes any discussions or other information previously provided concerning the workshops.