5 Reasons To Hire a Makeup Artist for Your Photo Shoot
The Top 5 reasons to hire a Makeup Artist for your Photo Shoot if you are a model:
- If you are the model – your job is to MODEL! You should be focused on modeling – not trying to do your hair and makeup.
- No one can do their own makeup as well as a great makeup artist can do it for them. If you truly want to look your best – leave it to the professionals.
- A professional makeup artist will TEACH you things about how to look your best, what types of products to use and tricks for shaping and contouring your face so that it looks its best on camera.
- Great photographs are the result of collaboration between a photographer and a model. And this is one of the best reasons to hire a makeup artist for your photo shoot. Add a great makeup artist to the mix and you have another creative individual working to make your photographs awesome!
- A professional makeup artist will be on the set with you, acting as another set of eyes for the photographer to make sure that your hair looks great, makeup isn’t smudged and even helping the photographer pay attention to creases, twisted straps and other problems with your outfits.
The Top 5 reasons to hire a Makeup Artist for your Photo Shoot if you are a photographer:
- If you want to take your images to the next level, don’t think that you will do that by having a guy or girl do their own hair and makeup. You need a makeup artist that understands how to make a person look their best and is capable of applying makeup with techniques that will save you time and retouching in post production.
- A good makeup artist will bring additional creativity to the process. Don’t think that you can / should do it on your own. The best photographs that you see in advertisements and magazines are collaborations of several people.
- A great makeup artist will work as a second set of eyes on the set when you are shooting. Because, like you, they invest their heart and soul into their work and will want to be sure that everything looks great. Plus they come in handy of you need an extra set of hands to hold a reflector.
- Having a makeup artist on set will go a long way towards establishing a professional atmosphere. You don’t want your model bringing a friend or relative to the shoot. The makeup artist helps to provide a level of comfort and security for your model.
- From a marketing standpoint, even if you are shooting for fun and finding models via the numerous amateur modeling websites, including a makeup artist in your shoot, will make you and your work more desirable to potential models because it makes you appear more professional.