MY MISSION is to help photographers develop a solid understanding of the “HOWS and WHYS” behind making consistently great photographs.
I am an award-winning photographer and photo educator.
My career has spanned five decades, from my start as a newspaper photojournalist to my work today photographing a diverse selection of people and serving as a photo educator who motivates and educates new and experienced photographers all over the world. I take great pride in sharing my experience as the host of the weekly The LAST FRAME LIVE, a 30-minute photography livestream that appears on my popular YouTube Channel My channel boasts over 177,000 subscribers and my videos have been viewed over 11.6 million times in 114 different countries.
I have earned a reputation as a lively and popular presenter at photography conferences, dealer events, camera clubs and photography workshops across the United States. I have been honored to be a featured speaker at events like WPPI, PhotoPlus, ImagingUSA, Shutterfest, ClickCon, Pixel Photo Fest, Out of Chicago, Carolina Photo Expo, FCCC, SWMCCC and numerous others.
My work is featured frequently on well-known photography blogs, including Fstoppers, DIYPhotography, PetaPixel, Lifehacker, ISO1200, Shutterbug and LensVid among others. I have been profiled in Good Light!, CameraCraft and Olympus Passion Magazines to name a few. I have also been a frequent guest on This Week in Photo (TWIP), Shutters Inc., Small Camera Big Picture and The Fotofacts podcasts.
I have been honored to have served as a member of the elite Olympus Visionary team of photographers, representing the camera manufacturer at tradeshow and educational events across the United States. I have also served as a member of the Tether Tools Pro Team, and have been selected as a StellaPro Champion of Light, a Delkin Devices Image Maker, a Photoflex Light Leader and I have been a featured photographer for Savage Universal.
In addition to my work instructing photographers across the United States and internationally online, I have also served as an adjunct professor teaching Creativity at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and Photography at Northampton County Community College in Monroe, PA.
My photography has been published internationally in magazines like Maxim, Cosmopolitan, Get Fit, Shape and Good Light Magazine to name but a few. I have been called upon to complete assignments for both the New York Times and The Los Angeles Times and, throughout my career, I have serviced commercial advertising clients from all over the United States.
In addition to my role as photographer, I have been nationally recognized as an innovator in shaping models’ portfolios and careers. Simply put, I advise serious models (both new and experienced) about how to market themselves. I have written hundreds of articles with guidance and information for new and experienced models and I maintain the most comprehensive modeling agency directory online.
I am often used as a source for television stories as well as newspaper and magazine articles on the subject. The Author JE Bright references my writings in his book America’s Next Top Model: Fierce Guide to Life: The Ultimate Source of Beauty, Fashion, and Model Behavior. My work has also been referenced by author Rif K. Haffar in his book Roadmap to Stardom: How to Break into Acting in Hollywood.
Along with my incredible wife and two four – legged kids, I am based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Just a few of the articles written about my videos and work on YouTube
- One Portrait Background to Rule Them All – FStoppers.com
- Why Gray is the Best Backdrop Color for Simple Portrait Studios – PetaPixel.com
- If You Can Only Get One Backdrop for Your Studio, Grey is What You Want and Here’s Why – DIYPhotography.net
- Fill the Frame With Your Subject For Better Portraits – LifeHacker.com
- Build Your Own Set of LED Studio Lights Using Off-The-Shelf Gear For Under $250 – DIYPhotography.net
- How to Build Your Own Set of LED Studio Lights for Just $250 – PetaPixel.com
- Build Your Own Set of LED Strip Lights for Less Than $300 – FStoppers.com
- Build Your Own Pro Photo Lighting Setup with LED Shop Lights – LifeHacker.com
- One Flash is All You Need to Make Amazing Portraits – DIYPhotography.net
- How to Shoot Awesome Portraits and Headshots with Just One Flash – PetaPixel.com
- Using an Egg to Understand Portrait Photography Lighting – PictureCorrect.com
- One Light Portrait Lighting for AWESOME Portraits & Headshots – ISO1200.com
- Affordable Studio Lighting: Create Your Own Set of Lightweight, Efficient LED Lights for Less Than $300 – Imaging-Resource.com
- How to Shoot Great Portraits and Headshots With Just One Light – LifeHacker.com
- Quick Tip: How to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – PetaPixel.com
- Quick and Easy Way to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop – FStoppers.com
- How to Fix Shiny Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – RageFinderOnline.com
- Quickly Fix Shiny Skin in Your Photos Using Photoshop or Lightroom – LifeHacker.com
- Quickly and Easily Retouch Shiny Skin in Photoshop & Lightroom – DIYPhotography.net
- Say Goodbye to That Shine: How to Fix Oily and Overexposed Skin in Photoshop and Lightroom – Imaging-Resource.com
- How to Quickly Fix the Appearance of Oily Skin in Photoshop – DigitalTrends.com
- Watch This Video Tutorial & Learn How to Easily Eliminate Shiny Skin Using Photoshop & Lightroom – Shutterbug.com
- How to Find the Good Side of a Persons Face for a Portrait? – ISO1200.com
- How to Find a Person’s “Good Side” and Why You Probably Got Yours Wrong – DIYPhotography.net
- This Portrait Retouching Tutorial Teaches You How To Get Rid Of Pesky Shiny Skin! – Planet5D.com
- Quick Tip: How to Find a Person’s ‘Good Side’ for Portraits – PetaPixel.com
YouTube NextUp 2016
- YouTube NextUp Class of 2016
- 34 Up-and-Coming YouTube Stars You Should be Watching Right Now – BusinessInsider.com
- YouTube NextUp Program Announces 2016 Winners – VideoInk.com
- YouTube’s NextUp Program Announces 2016 Winners – DailyDot.com
- Introducing the NextUp Summer Class of 2016 at YouTube Space NY and LA – YouTube-Creators.GoogleBlog.com