Sponsored by Photoflex®
Submit a finished photo and a behind the scenes shot of your setup for a chance to win some awesome prizes from ProMarkBrands and Photoflex®.
You don’t even have to use Photoflex gear in your photo. This is an educational contest. Send us your BEST shot and at least ONE behind the scenes photo of your setup for a chance to win a prize worth more than $100 ARV (Appx. Retail Value)
- Images can be of any subject where you used lighting and modifiers.
- Upload jpegs only – at least 1,600 pixels wide and no more than 20mbs file size.
- Be sure to read the Rules and Regulations posted below the entry form.
Deadline for entries: Next Monday at MIDNIGHT
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The “Weekly TOGCHAT℠ Share Your Lighting Contest" is void where prohibited by law and is sponsored by TOGCHAT™ LIVE with Joe Edelman and ProMarkBrands / Photoflex (“Sponsor”) in association with companies and individuals providing prizes (“Prize Sponsors”). The contest is not sponsored nor endorsed by YouTube Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
By participating in the Photo Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of TOGCHAT™ LIVE with Joe Edelman ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Photo Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Photo Contest.
The Photo Contest is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and who do NOT reside in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria. Employees of the Sponsor, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related are not eligible. CONTEST IS VOID IN CRIMEA, CUBA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, SUDAN, SYRIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
ENTRY PERIOD & HOW TO ENTER
The “Weekly TOGCHAT℠ Share Your Lighting Contest" ("Photo Contest") begins every Wednesday at 6:00 PM Eastern Time and ends on the following Monday at Midnight Eastern Time (the "Entry Period"). As one weekly contest ends, another begins and so on.
New prizes or rewards will be announced each week. In the event that TOGCHAT™ LIVE does NOT air/broadcast on any given week - the contest for the previous week will carry over until the following Wednesday and the next broadcast of TOGCHAT™ LIVE.
Each entry consists of an entry form, a single finished photograph and at least one but not more than four behind the scenes photographs showing how the shot was created. To enter, visit https://www.joeedelman.com/share-your-lighting complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and photo information; and submit along with your photographs in accordance with the instructions that follow.
Entries should include metadata if at all possible. Caption information should include:
- Why did you take the shot?
- What gear – camera and lighting – did you use?
- What problems did you have to solve to get the shot?
- Are you happy with the outcome?
- If you could do it again – what would you change about the shot?
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see "Your Rights" below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to The Nature Conservancy upon request.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The Sponsor upon request.
Only one entry per week per person. Each entry must comply with the Share Your Lighting Contest Guidelines as well as the following requirements:
- Photographs must be in digital format. Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Photo Contest. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Photographs must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in the Photoflex Share Your Lighting Contest or the Weekly TOGCHAT℠ Share Your Lighting Contest.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Release." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Photo Contest entrant. By entering the Photo Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
- Watermarks are unacceptable. Entries containing watermarks will be voided.
The contest will be judged by the team of Photoflex Light Leaders on a rotating basis. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received and the quality of said entries. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided or by social media message at the profile provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the weekly judging. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The prize winner understands that their Name, City and State will be published on the Sponsors website (https://www.joeedelman.com) and social media outlets including but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
See the above page for the current prize or reward.
Only one prize pack per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Pennsylvania. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania.
By entering, you agree to release Joe Edelman, Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS, ProMarkBrands, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube of all liability related to the contest.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant The Sponsor a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to:
- Display the photograph on any and all websites and social media profiles owned by The Sponsor and its subsidiary brands.
- Allow third-parties to share the photograph on social media.
- Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of the Weekly TOGCHAT℠ Share Your Lighting Contest.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions via social media.
The Sponsor will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption "Photo by: Person's Name" when the full name is available.
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Photo Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prize(s) from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the owner. The Photo Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys’ fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
When you enter, you will automatically become an e-supporter of Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS. This includes special event invitations, digital messages, text and a monthly e-newsletter. You may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to Joe Edelman PO Box 3085, Allentown, PA 18106. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
- Social Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter. By entering, you are agreeing to YouTube's Community Guidelines, and acknowledge that your entries comply with said guidelines...(http://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/communityguidelines.html)(https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms)
- OTHER: Winners are responsible for any local tax liability (city, state, or federal/country) occurred by winning and accepting the prize.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube.