Episode 2 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
Download the MP3 – Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, Email or RSS!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
This week’s questions include:
– What is the best time to use natural window light coming from the East? Also, where in the room is best to position the subject?
– I am an event and nightclub photographer looking to upgrade my camera soon. I currently use a Canon 600D and Sigma 24-70 EX DG 2.8. Would you suggest I go for a full frame camera or a wider lens?
– When shooting outdoors, what do you look for or look to avoid when scouting locations?
– For portrait editing, do you prefer Lightroom or Capture One Pro and why?
– I fly a lot for work and would like to take a portable light stand with me. Is there a compact (i.e. short) light stand that you recommend that can fit in my carry on? Any other travel tips when flying?
– I currently own a Nikon d5200 planning to get a full sensor Nikon in the future, if I buy the Tokina 100mm would it work with my current camera?
– How do you feel about outsourcing post processing? I understand that it is someone’s interpretation of your work but for the sake of time saving
? No name/cheap softbox versus brand name softbox, what is the difference really? I mean in terms of light quality for example
-What resolution to do you recommend for uploading to a site like SmugMug, Zenfolio, etc., for selling prints? Should we upload our full resolution (5184×3456) or something smaller?
– A 70-200mm 2.8 lens set at 85mm – is it the same as a 85mm 2.8? So it it safe to say, there is no need to buy a designated 85mm?
– Do you think the Sony a850 is still worth for 500 USD?
– For shooting teen girl (16yrs) model, is there anything I need to do differently (beside the model release needing parental authorization)?
– What’s the best wide angle lens for my Sony a6300 to take cityscapes in New York City?
– I took a shot at 2.8 1/160, ISO 3200 with a Canon lens and I took the same setting with a Sigma and it gives me a reading at ISO 2500 for the exact same picture why?
– Can you give some advice for me to be a good assistant?
– I will be moving to a new house soon. I’ve decided to turn 2 of my rooms into a studio. I do weddings and baby shoots mostly. What are your recommendations for wall colors and setup?
– Can you describe your file naming system?
– I’m going for my first wedding shoot (Free), I’ve got only a D3200 with a prime 50mm f1.8, 55-300 f4.5-5.6, and a 18-105 Kit lens. Do you think I can shoot the wedding with it? Any advice?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.
Also connect with me on Facebook @thejoeedelman. I’m on Twitter and Instagram @JoeEdelman