Episode 5 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
This week’s photography questions include:
– It seems like everybody and their brother is teaching photography workshops today. I am just not sure how to figure out which workshops are worth my time and money.
– Is resizing to 1200px ok for Actors Access and ImDb? It seems they are still not as sharp as I want them to be.
– I love to shoot but I don’t like the business aspect – i.e. promote myself and talking price with clients. Any suggestions?
– Have you used ND filters? If so can you recommend a brand?
– Do you shoot with your glasses on? If not do you adjust the diopter on the camera or use diopter adapters?
– Any info, on the Color Right Passport checker. It’s one of those tools I like to use to get my colors right.
– What’s the coolest new gadget in the new B&H catalog?
– I just bought a flash, stand, and octabox. What are some things I can do, besides portraits, to wrap my head around using this stuff?
– I have a Canon 5d Mark III and the Canon 135mm f2 and the pictures still look soft and out of focus. What am i doing wrong?
– I shoot for a college Softball team. Parents & players would like me to sell them prints. Would I be breaking a copyright or do I have the right to sell?
– What are your thoughts about the new Microsoft surface laptop. I’m looking for something portable and light and powerful for editing!
– How is it that with street photography I am allowed to post images where people’s faces are visible? I mean without getting everyone’s permission?
– I see that you review websites, I am curious if you review Instagram feeds? if so how do I make a request to be reviewed?
– What focal length(s) can you recommend for portraits in a cramped studio (12’x19′)?
– In your opinion, are any of the big conferences such as WPPI worth attending for photographers who recently made the jump into photography as a business?
– I feel like my camera is going out of focus – back or front focusing where it didn’t before. How often should you or should you at all test your lens/body for proper focus?
– I do lot of Boudoir Photography but lately have been doing more Portraits. How can market both for my business?
– Can you talk about light modifiers. Specifically a deep octa vs just a large octa and parabolics and their effects on portraits. Like when you would choose one vs the other.
– Can you share your thoughts on watermarks on images posted on the web?
– What do you think of Perfectly Clear and Imagenomic software?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.