Episode 4 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
Download the MP3 – Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, Email or RSS!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
This week’s questions include:
– Could you address the issue of excessive skin softening?
– While using a speedlight I am finding it more and more of a problem not having the modeling light. Can you suggest any “hacks” or tips?
– What is your Favorite modifier for the DigiBees?
– I have photos on stock sites, but want to start selling them as prints directly from a personal site. Have I screwed myself by already having them up on stock sites?
– When are you doing the rain gutter strobes?
– I just setup an in-house studio. I am planing to shoot a friend’s daughter for senior pics. Freebee to them, practice/portfolio for me. Can you recommend lighting setups that I should practice/shoot with?
– Do you ever let your models or clients see the original photographs (before being retouched)?
– Do you let the client select the photos from a shoot or do you make the selections?
– Have you ever thought of putting a photography book together?
– Can you please discuss a bit about how to find your personal style.
– I’m a new photographer. I just purchased a Canon 80D 18-135mm lens. Do I need a speedlight for great pictures?
– Do you ever use speedlight modifier when shooting outdoors?
– I just heard that a model was going to pay 2k to be represented (scouted at the mall). Scam or standard?
– I just got hired to shoot weddings for another company (sub-contracting). I get to keep the images for my portfolio, but does it hurt my brand to shoot for someone else?
– Do you use gels for shooting in location or outdoor?
– I’m looking to build up my portfolio but don’t know where to go to get models/people for it. Would you have any recommendations?
– What is price for the DigiBees you bought?
– Do you prefer the silver or white beauty dishes?
– What’s your opinion on the Godox range of strobes?
– Do you have a video on using a strobe/softbox combo as the background for a Hi-Key style image?
– How long do your sessions last?
– How much time do you spend editing a photograph?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.
Also connect with me on Facebook @thejoeedelman. I’m on Twitter and Instagram @JoeEdelman