Episode 6 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
This week’s photography questions include:
– Is it a smart move to do work for free when I am starting out so that I can build my portfolio or will that make it harder for me to charge customers later?
– I have been using Portrait Pro Studio as a Lightroom plugin ? I love the preset adjustments. Is there anything similar that you think is as good or better?
– For the business side of photography, do you have a resource that you recommend for company templates forms for things like sale receipts, invoices, order forms and contracts?
– Do you need a signed release from a makeup artist.
– I recently read an article on session fees and why you should not charge them. Made some sense. Can you share your thoughts on this practice?
– Do photographers need to have a trademark for their brand?
– I am looking for some quick release plates for my camera bodies and lens. What brand to you recommend?
– What lighting setup or posing approach works best when photographing an overweight or obese woman?
– How concerned should I be about flash duration, if I am shooting hair flips? What would be the slowest flash duration you would accept?
– Suggestions for how to shoot animals while in action?
– Are there good reasons to use a tilt shift lens for portraiture? I thought I saw someone in the group use one.
– I am having difficulties with autofocus. I have a loss of at least 50% always, I have read everything about it, I even tried to use fine adjustments for this … but the problem continues.
– What would be the best options for off camera flash with TTL
– I am considering doing night fashion photography. What portable LED lights do you recommend?
– I that a Konika T on camera left on top of the shelve behind you?
– I am having trouble getting AF lock through aquarium glass with a Sony a6000. Someone said try a Polarizer but I’m not sure it’s worth it. Should I just wait for a 5Dmk4 or 6Dmk 2
– In terms of pricing my work, what would be a good yardstick?
– I am wanting to refocus my business from fine art nature to portrait…what is the best way to change my image? New web-site and name?
– I find doing night portrait shots they are just too noisy at ISO 1000 when trying to bring in the ambient light with a Canon 7D Mark II. Any suggestions?
– Can you make a recommendation for a good client proofing tool?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! – 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.