Episode 7 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
This week’s photography questions include:
– After doing a TFP shoot the subject of my photos has asked me to remove them from social media. By law do I have to remove them or as the creator can I still use them?
– Since I started this photography addiction, I’ve mostly only done street photography with my 50mm lens. How can I make $$$ when I cant afford other lenses?
– I recently traded my Crop Sensor (D3300) to a Full Frame (D600). If I set my FX body in DX mode will this eliminate all of the distortion issues that I have read about using DX glass on FX bodies.
– I am building my home studio, using one monolight with softbox, I want to create the black drama effect. How should i proceed?
– I’m doing my first studio shoot and I’m going to be using a beauty dish any tips on grids?
– I have some cool shots of random people that I took candidly on the streets of London, is it okay to use them for my portfolio and self promotion on social media?
– When you go on a trip/vacation with your wife, what camera would you bring or just your phone?
– Must you format your sd card?
– Do I need a model release to create a street Photography book ofcandid shots?
– I volunteer and work with vulnerable adults so I have to have a DBS check yearly is this worth mentioning on my own website?
– I am interested in taking a silhouette type picture outdoors, what advice can you give me?
– Are there any disadvantages of natural lighting when editing?
– Do you change your picture style settings in your camera? If so, any settings advice on portraits?
– Is there much of a lighting difference between a 32″ octobox or 47″? I’m not good at visualizing the size difference.
– When is the follow up session for Google analytics?
– Do you know of a great retouching checklist for things to make sure you do for a retouch?
– Is there a way to make a quick buck in photography?
– In closer portraits there is too much stuff in eyes with umbrellas. Do you have preferences for the catch lights?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! – 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.