Episode 3 of the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast with Joe Edelman.
Download the MP3 – Subscribe via iTunes, Google Play, Email or RSS!
If you subscribe to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast in iTunes, please take a moment to rate and review the show to help me move up in the rankings so that other who are interested in learning the “HOW’S and WHY’S” behind great photographs can find me.
This week’s questions include:
– If I am considering buying a beauty dish. Should I go with Silver or White and WHY?
– You often talk about shooting for the eyes, in some of your images the model gazes past the camera. I love those, but do you prefer the model looking at the camera or looking past the camera?
– I’m about to shoot my 1st modeling portfolio for a potential model. I’ve been following your ModelingTip.com website. What can I as the photographer do to make sure I am doing a good job?
– I am looking for a portrait lens for my Canon 5d mk2. If you could only buy one lens would you get?
– What is the best way to approach a woman about photographing her without sounding like an Old Guy With a Camera.
– Any tips on event photography with on camera speedlight? I’m having trouble capturing the backgrounds in this scenario.
– Do you ever use a Light Meter?
– I was thinking that I would post in my towns Facebook group that for a set period I would like to take headshots for free for people’s profiles. After that the sessions would have a fee attached. What are your thoughts on this kind of marketing?
– What lens would you recommend for portraits?
– What is a good gear insurance for a location photographer.
– If I use a color calibrated IPS monitor, why would my photos look way different on my iPad and Android phone?
– What the best way of using both Studio and portable flash at the same time?
– Will PPA bring you more customers?
– Knowing that the most important factor is not the technology? in these days is it possible to be competitive, in a commercial way, working “old school” (analog)?
– I want to focus more on headshots. What’s the best way to market myself as a headshot photographer?
– I had an Instagram page of landscapes w/shapes. It got stolen from me along with the email I used. Should I remake the page or use another platform?
– I’ve been doing event photography. Lot of group shot and portraits. My lens is f/4. Should I an f/2.8 lens
– Have you heard of MagMod Light Modifiers? What are your thoughts?
– ND filter or HSS? when to use what? and which is better? Do I need $200 worth of ND.
– Is going to bridal showers a good way to break into wedding photography?
– Any good books that can help with getting the most out of a Nikon D810?
– A young teen male asked me to do a model shoot. I am not sure he has the typical model look. Is there such a thing as a Model look for male teens?
– Upgrading Studio floor: hardwood or 18% Gray?
– Do strobes with modeling lights make it easier to learn lighting techniques?
– 1:10:25 – What’s the best background material for location shooting to avoid wrinkles?
Thank you for listening to the TOGCHAT Photography Podcast!
Please be sure to tune in to the LIVE TOGCHAT video stream on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/photojoeedelman
Mondays @6:30pm ET: 60 minutes of Photography Tips and Photo Reviews, where I will review images posted in my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook to help YOU improve your photography skills.
Wednesdays @6:30pm ET: Open mic night for photographers! 60 minutes of YOUR questions and MY answers.
Thursdays @6:30pm ET: Tune in for a deep dive into a subscriber’s website with a focus on helping that photographer improve his or her marketing efforts and build their business with their online marketing.
Also connect with me on Facebook @thejoeedelman. I’m on Twitter and Instagram @JoeEdelman