The TOGKnowledge Photographic Community is owned and operated by Joe Edelman DBA Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 11/1/22
These Terms & Conditions (“Terms” or “Agreement”) apply to all aspects and members of The TOGKnowledge Photographic Community (Hereafter referred to as “the community”) provided by Joe Edelman. Failure to comply with these terms will result in your removal from the community without a refund.
By registering as a community member, you are entering into this agreement and agree to abide by and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Joe Edelman by Direct Message (DM) in the community or via this Contact Form.
1. When registering as a member through this website (www.JoeEdelman.com, Stripe, and PayPal.com), you agree that you are purchasing directly from Joe Edelman PhotoGraphicS and not any 3rd parties or partners Joe Edelman works with. Any and all inquiries regarding your registration must be made directly to Joe Edelman.
2. You may cancel your membership at any time. NO refunds will be made for any reason. You will maintain your membership benefits until the end of your paid period. To cancel your membership, visit the < href=”https://edu.joeedelman.com/settings/account”>Account Settings page in the community. (Scroll to the bottom of the page)
3. By joining the community, you agree to abide by this
Code of Behavior
This community is dedicated to creating genuine connections between photographers across the internet. Our intention is to provide a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of community members in any form.
TOGKnowledge is dedicated to helping photographers better understand the HOWS and WHYS behind consistently making great photographs.
The goal here is to SHARE and LEARN.
Any attempts at self-promotion or marketing of services or products not personally approved by Joe Edelman will result in immediate removal from the community.
#Applicability and Scope
This code of conduct applies to all of this community’s spaces, including public channels, private channels, threads, direct messages, voice rooms, comment sections, and live events, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the administrators.
#Toward a Welcoming and Safe Environment
We hope to create an environment where diverse individuals can collaborate and interact positively and affirmatively. Examples of behavior that contribute to creating this sort of environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the overall community
- Showing empathy towards other Hearties
This community will not tolerate harassment of any kind. Examples of harassment include:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity markers. This includes anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of “dead” or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (e.g., textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following – online or in the physical world.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Jokes that resemble the above, such as “hipster racism”, still count as harassment, even if meant satirically or ironically.
If you have questions or concerns about these issues, please feel free to message an admin or ask for an opportunity to explore the issue with a moderator and volunteers.
If you are being harassed by a member of our community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the administrators via https://www.joeedelman.com/contact. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will not be involved in handling or resolving the incident.
The admin team will respond to any complaint as promptly as possible. If you do not get a timely response (for example, no admins are currently online), please put your personal safety and well-being first, and consider logging out and/or contacting the admins by email at https://www.joeedelman.com/contact.
This code of conduct applies to our community’s spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of our community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by our members, especially the administrators, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that occurred at any time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside our spaces and behavior towards those not in this community.
To protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
Every code of conduct violation report will be treated with seriousness and care. If a member’s immediate safety and security are threatened, an individual admin may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including temporarily banning the offender from the community. In less urgent situations, at least two admins will discuss the offense and mutually arrive at a suitable response, which will be shared with the offender privately. Whatever the resolution they decide upon, the decision of the admins involved in a violation case will be considered final.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints or privately warn third parties about them if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of our members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community and identification of the participant as a harasser to other members. At the discretion of the admins or by request, one or more of the parties involved may request to discuss the violation and how to avoid similar situations in the future.
You will be removed from the program if your behavior or conduct is deemed unacceptable or inappropriate. No refund of fees will be made.
4. Weekly video meetups are generally held on Thursday evenings at 5:30PM ET USA. The meeting day and time is subject to change as needed. Members will be notified via the Announcements Channel of scheduled meetings and/or any changes. The weekly video meetings are hosted using ZOOM. Joe Edelman is entitled to change the delivery platform or make changes to the structure of the program as needed. In the unlikely event that changes are made, there will be notice made to all members as soon as possible.
Payment is accepted via Stripe.
A credit card is required for admission to the community. The first month or first year will automatically be charged at the completion of the 7-day FREE trial or unless otherwise noted.
You may cancel before completing your 7-day trial, and no charges will be incurred.
There are no refunds — for any reason.